Where to Eat in Madrid: Part 1

I've decided I can't live in a big city when I'm older. 
I need to be surrounded by nothing but fields of sheep

How am I supposed to resist the 7 million different eateries right outside my front door?! Everything from pizza and burgers to ice cream and churros is less than a 5 minute walk from my piso in Madrid and it's pretty stressful, I tell ya.
This sort of thing just can't be helped

It's safe to say I've sampled a fair few restaurants/cafés/bars (did you know Madrid has more bars per square metre than anywhere else in Europe(!)) since arriving in Madrid 5 months ago - and there's so many more to discover! So I thought I'd start a little series of my favourite places (I couldn't possibly condense them all into one post, or we'd be here for hours.) Sorry in advance for making you really hungry. Trust.

If you want...BRUNCH

Name: Federal Café
Where?: Plaza de las Comendadores, Plaza del Conde de Barajas 
My favourite: baked eggs with bacon and crême fraiche/french toast with maple pears (but they change their menu quite regularly)

This Australian café with a stylish and modern interior is found in the Malasaña area. It is always full of young people catching up with friends, but you never have to wait too long to be seated. It's also a great place to go alone with your laptop, order a coffee (or smoothie, or both) and work/browse ASOS. As a brunch lover this is definitely my fave spot in the city, and where I take anyone who visits me.
Smoothie heaven
The aforementioned baked eggs + halloumi *heart eyes emoji*


Ok so I've been a few times...

If you want...BURGERS
Name: Goiko Grill
Where?: Glorieta de Bilbao (plus a bajillion more locations around the city!)
My favourite: The Elvis burger - banana, peanut butter, and bacon altogether in a burger shouldn't work but IT DOES.

Oh my goodness I can still remember this first bite of my first Goiko burger. Me and my two friends were actually speechless (not an often occurrence), I can 100% say it is the best burger I've ever had.




If you want...SMOOTHIES
Name: Juicy Avenue
Where?: Calle Fuencarral, Calle Hortaleza, Calle Génova
My favourite: Mango Jambo smoothie (mango and papaya)

No jokes this place is my second home. Their smoothies are amazing, all made with fresh fruit, milk and fro-yo. They also do so much more - bagels, wraps, waffles, crêpes, juices, coffees as well as fro-yo and healthy breakfast bowls (feat. chia seeds and all that superfood shizzle).




So there you go, the first three in a very long list of my favourite places to eat/drink in Madrid!

Watch this space for Part 2 (+ 3,4,5,6,7,8...)
Holly x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RECIPE: Quick And Easy Revision-Fuel Cookies

Where to Eat in Madrid: Part 2